Tuesday, October 2, 2012

One Proud Momma

My oldest son has been really wanting a kickball.  Yesterday we bought one.  Today it went over the fence into the abyss.  Story of my life.

He was sad about it, so after my husband and youngest son went to bed I decided we should go look for it.  Oh, don't let me forget the part about being in our pajamas.  So, monkey pajamas and all I trekked through the swampy three foot tall brush looking for the ball.  I did not find his, but instead found a yellow ball that he said belonged to the school.  I tossed it out and kept looking.  We didn't have any luck though.  After I stepped ankle deep in the swampy goo, I decided that we looked enough for tonight.  We walked back up the hill, and he promptly went and threw the ball back into the playground.  The whole time I waited and waited, figuring it was coming, but he never once suggested he keep the ball we found.

I am just so proud!  I mean, what kid doesn't want to keep a ball to replace his own?!?!  When I mentioned it to him, he seemed surprised.  He said "why would I want to keep the school's ball?"  Man, that was the best $7 I ever lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment