Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October

October is crazy!  My calendar is full of football, and parties, and church activities, and more football, and now home improvement appointments.

My husband and I are trying to plan the birth of our new kitchen.  We went to a home show this weekend, so now we are having different companies come out and give us estimates for the work.  I am excited about this because it means we are that much closer.  I am also nervous though.  It's a big project and a big deal and there are a lot of moving pieces.  PLUS, that means that all of these people are going to come see all of the ridiculous nonsense that lives in my kitchen presently.  Seriously, I should start cleaning NOW.

This is on top of the project we are just starting, which is finishing the finishing of our basement.  It's got the dreaded wood paneling now, so there is new drywall to be done, and then new carpet to be installed.  It's a big project, on top of the other things we have going on.  BUT...when the Lowe's promotions come, you take advantage of them!

Ah yes, and we have the election.  I can't WAIT for November when I can go more than 5 minutes without hearing a commercial talking about how terrible the other guy is.  Truthfully, I think they're both terrible.  It would be much more helpful if they could clarify the things that they would want to see happen in the next few years instead of bickering and pointing fingers.  I am strongly leaning towards a write in vote for Big Bird.  I think he could have it under control.  Besides, a VP named Snuffleupagus would be amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment