Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere, Right???

It is not even 10AM, and I am ready for a DRINK.  And it better be a real one.  No fruity girly drinks.  Heavy hitting today.  I need whisky.

I was awakened by my telephone ringing at 6:30, which was my day care calling out sick.  On the 2nd day of summer vacation.  Awesome.  So I start my phone call campaign, and get nowhere.  Finally after an hour, I decide it's a lost cause and hurry hurry our big butts into the car because I am late, and toting two kids.  My boss is going to be THRILLED.  (That right there is why we need a sarcasm font.)  During this hour, I have somehow managed to get myself and two kids ready, took the dog for a walk, carried his heavy self back up the stairs, got the cat back inside because the cat doesn't like the dog so he wanted to stay out but there are big storms coming today so he would die if I left him out there (hmmmm, hindsight...) so I had to lock the dog up and carry the dumb cat in, and then discovered the dog pooped in my bedroom in his sleep (He's old.  Can't be mad at him, but it did add to my fun.) so I had to clean that up.  Big deep breath.  Today is not my day.

Fortunately, one of the other daycare moms saved me.  She called when she woke and said she could have the boys, so I turned my car around!  I still could kiss her face!!!

So now I only have to deal with work shenanigans, which are continuing the trend of the morning.  I'm even handling craziness in a whole other country today.  Sigh.  Please let me live through this crazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment