Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Soap Therapy

I have a soap addiction.

There, I said it.  And I am in total distress because I don't have any soap that I like. I am totally out at home, which has forced me to use dish soap to wash my hands.  The one I brought in to work that the kids picked is terrible.  The problem is so bad that today my husband offered to pick some up while he is at the mall, and I had to tell him no because I have too many requirements.  I need anti-bacterial for the kitchen and the moisturizing for work and I can't sniff the new scents if he gets it and under NO circumstances is foam soap allowed.  I mean, he can't possibly want to be responsible for picking one that I don't like, right?  That sort of thing would probably make him never offer to do anything nice for me again!

After thinking about it, I am concerned about my own mental health.  This sort of thing can't be normal!  It is just soap, right?

Even worse is that I am infecting others with this disease.  My youngest son was distraught when his "cimmanen" soap was discontinued.  So much so that my mom found some on eBay, because there is apparently an underground soap market.  Who could have possibly known??  And today I came to work after a couple of days off, and told my co-worker that I don't like the new soap, to which she responded "yeah it's not good."  Is there some sort of penalty for willfully spreading a soap fetish?

No comments:

Post a Comment