Friday, July 5, 2013

Must be the Money Tree

I am constantly amazed by some people's interpretations of how things work.  I witnessed this phenomena on facebook a couple of days ago, and I just can't shake it.

An acquaintance posted an angry rant about someone being rude and making comments about them being on the WIC program.  Meh, people are nuts, so I paid no mind.  I am sorry you are worked up.  But, this person kept posting things.  From what I can decipher, someone commented about how their tax dollars support this person, yet they can afford an iphone.  Now, I don't really have an opinion here.  I happen to think that the WIC program is a great program to have.  It helps to make sure that kids have enough to eat and educates about healthy eating.

BUT...in the angry moment they were having, they continued on and commented something along the lines of WIC being a federally funded program, and that people should get the facts before saying that their tax dollars pay for something.

Ummmmmm.........what???  Where exactly do you think federal funds come from?  Is there a money tree behind the White House?  Perhaps they harvest it at the same time as the garden?  It matters not which government agency funds a program.  WE, THE TAX PAYING CITIZENS, PAY FOR IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment