Monday, May 20, 2013

Thoughtful Mother's Day Gifts

You know how exciting it is to see that hand-decorated bag that you know contains the cutest something in the world??????  Oh, it's like none other!

......except this year, when I opened the bag that my little guy was so excited about, it was three little plants growing in a plastic cup.  How my heart sank.  Not plants, please, not plants.  He is so happy; he worked so hard!  He cared for them, watered them, watched them grow, and in less than a week I have killed them.  How is it that my five year old managed them for over a month, and I couldn't make it a week?  Worst. Mother. EVER.  

How do you explain to your child that you can't be trusted with living vegetation?  I mean I guess there should be a bonus system that I have managed to feed and water my offspring with enough regularity that they are thriving, and also a cat.  That should count for something, right???

And I know they are beefing up what our kids learn in school, but they really have to tie mother's day into science projects now?  They still have art, right?  They couldn't squeeze in a "make-something-from-your-handprint" project in there?  Why??????????????????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment