Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Cicada Hotel

Oh, what a start I had to my day!

My oldest son decided to keep his bat bag on the porch so he could grab it easily.  We have an away game tonight, so we had to bring everything with us.  When he went to get it, the bag was covered in cicadas.  I told him to quit being a sissy and brush them off.  Wellll, the part where you put the bat was open.  It looked like there were a few inside the opening so I was trying to brush them out with the broom, as he was whacking them with a plastic bat.  That's right, we are very mature.  As soon as we started hitting the bag, it started SCREAMING.  Now, I am not sure it's entirely appropriate, but once that happened I am pretty sure that I joined them!!!  We dropped the bag, and cicadas started pouring out of it.  Ummmmmmm, holy poop on a stick!!!  So we did the rational, logical thing:  we grabbed the helmet and glove out of the closed section and ran for our lives!!!!!!


So of course I was really late for work, because that started a whole chain reaction.  In our attempt to save ourselves, we forgot his trumpet so I had to go back home and get it and take it back to daycare.  Then they had started road work and had a lane closed because I was so late.  Apparently I was not the only one who was late today, because there sure were a lot of people for me to yell at on the way =)

No comments:

Post a Comment