Friday, May 24, 2013

Misdirected Complaints

The theory of complaining about something is to bring about a change, correct?  I'm not talking about whining about life in general, but in a real life situation.  For instance, if you go to a store and the line is 3 miles long and there is only one register open, you would complain to a manager with the hopes of them opening more registers.  Now, say the only person around is the guy that collects carts.  Do you really expect complaining to that guy to compel change?  I have nothing against that guy.  I am sure he is a great worker.  However, he has absolutely nothing to do with the situation you wish to have changed.

I bet you're wondering where this is coming from and/or going.  Wellllllllll, here is the most entertaining part of my evening last night:

Both of my kids play baseball.  My husband has been very involved in coaching since the get-go.  This year he is the coach of the little one, and the assistant for the big.  Last night we played THE team to beat.  They unfortunately are still undefeated, but we gave them a run for their money, and only lost by 1 run!!!  Hot dog!  Our coach had other commitments, so he couldn't be there.  The other assistant had to be at a different game.  So there we are, my husband and myself, and a volunteer parent helping as a base coach.  As the team mom I am responsible for sending out emails about practice and weather cancellations and left behind items.  I also have been keeping the score book.  So last night, I was an "acting" assistant coach.  Tell me why, please if you will, one of the parents decided that Iiii was the appropriate person to complain to about their child not getting enough play time IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME.  Yes sir, you nailed that one.  The THREE coaches leave it up to me, the team mom, to come up with the line-up for each game.  For sure.  Now, I am not saying one way or another how I feel about his concerns.  I appreciate parents that go to bat, so to speak, for their kids.  However, if you pick an inappropriate time to make your complaints, and then do so to the absolutely wrong person, you should expect your complaint to be giggled at.  Perhaps I should take it as a compliment.  Maybe I am so efficient that he was sure I have an impact on that.  Or maybe I am so awesome that he thinks I do the line-up too.  I think I'm gonna run with that =D

No comments:

Post a Comment