Friday, September 13, 2013

Dear World, I Am Sorry

I am.  Truly.  I didn't know that I was receiving a constant stream of hormones, therefore I didn't know what would happen when said hormones were no longer there.  I don't mean to scare small children or make my husband fear for his life.  I didn't know that road rage could be taken to new levels.  Nor did I know that pictures of puppies or toilet paper commercials, or hell just the fact that it's Friday were things to cry over.  I just didn't know.

Dearest husband:  I know you don't understand why I am a nut job, and I know you don't think it's fair that you now need to fear for your life.  This morning you said that you think I should be able to see that I'm losing it and "corral" it, which led to silence.  Please understand that I know I am irrational, and my silence is me "corralling."  So when there is silence after something, please, I beg you, MOVE ON.  Because once I have maintained and kept quiet for a full two minutes, and you follow that with "what?" I can't control what happens next, but it is bound to be horrifying.  I do know that use of the word corral brought forth visions of hog-tying and leaving you for the animals to feed on.  I know you don't understand, since you are a man and don't have any of this craziness.  And I am sorry.  And I can see from a removed perspective that I am absolutely losing my shit, but I can't do anything about it.  At all.  It's kind of like a mini-me is sitting on my shoulder, in a big fluffy recliner, eating popcorn and watching the show.

I love you for hanging on to this roller coaster that has no restraints, and I promise that I will try to tame my homicidal tendencies until my body balances itself out.  Until then, please try to understand that I have just as much control over it as I have over......................world peace, starving children in whichever country people are using to make their kids eat their veggies, and the national deficit all wrapped into one vertically challenged body.

No comments:

Post a Comment