Monday, April 29, 2013

Your Kid Is No Angel

Recently I have noticed a new phenomenon where parents defend their kids to the bitter end, even if that guy is a complete a-hole.  Say the school calls and says that little Johnny poked somebody in the eye with his pencil.  Instead of little Johnny getting the a$$ whipping he deserves, the parents spend every waking moment blaming the other kid for looking at him funny, the teacher for letting him have a pencil, the school for having teachers that would allow such craziness, and....well probably we could trace it all the way back to the hospital for not testing his hearing properly when he was born.  Does it ever occur to these people that their kid just might be an a-hole???  I mean, I go through life expecting that there will be some percentage of people that my kids just won't get along with.  I feel like that is normal.  Different personalities clash.  But if my kid is screwing around, bet your bottom dollar that he is going to be held accountable for his own actions.

Is there ever some point where it is appropriate to tell these parents that not only is there kid an inconsiderate brat, and that you're sure you know where they are getting it???  Apple, tree maybe??  Probably not, but I am going to give it a whirl.  I will post the results, ahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment